The Biography of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
1. When was the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) born
He was born on Monday, 12th Rabi Al Awwal, April 22nd, 571 AC.
2. Where was the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) born
In Makkah? ?
3. What is the name of the Prophet's father
Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib.
4. What is the name of the Prophet's mother
Aminah Bint Wahhab Ibn Abd Manaf Ibn Zahrah.
5. When and where did his (prophet's) father die
He died in Madina before Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) was born.
6. What is the name of the Prophet's grandfather
7. What was his granfather's position
He was the chief of his clan Bani Hashim.
8. What is the Prophet's (p.b.u.h.) lineage up to his fifth ancestor
He is Muhammad Ibn Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib Ibn Hashim Ibn Abd Manaf Ibn Qusai Ibn Kilab.
9. Who suckled the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
First Thuyeba, the freed slave girl of his uncle Abdul Uzza known as Abu Lahab, then Haleema Bint Abu Dhuaib, best known as Haleema Al Sadiyah.
10. Who named the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
11. What did Muhammad's (p.b.u.h.) mother name him
12. Why did she (the Prophet's mother) choose this name
Because she saw an angel in a dream calling the new-born baby Ahmad.
13. How old was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) when his mother died
Six years old.
14. Where did his mother take him
She took him to Yathrib (Madinah) to visit her relatives.
15. Where did his mother die
On her way back to Makkah, she died at Abwa and was buried there.
16. Who brought Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) back to Makkah
His father’s slave girl, Umm Aiman (May Allah be pleased with her).
17. Who took the charge of his care
His grandfather Abdul Muttalib.
18. How long did The Prophet's grandfather take care of the Prophet Muhammad
For two years.
19. How was his (Abdul Muttalib's) behavior with Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
He loved him very much and preferred him to his own sons.
20. What did Abdul Muttalib foretell about his grandson
That he would hold a prestigious position.
21. Who took care of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) after the death of Abdul Muttalib
His uncle Abu Talib.
22. How old was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) when his grandfather Abdul Muttalib died
About eight years old.
23. When did Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) travel to Syria and with whom
He went to Syria with his uncle Abu Talib when he was twelve years old.
24. Who was Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her)
She was a wealthy merchant of Makkah.
25. Why did she (Khadijah) want to marry Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
Because of his truthfulness and good conduct.
26. When did she (Khadijah) marry Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
When she was 40 years old.
27. How old was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) at the time of the marriage
He was 25.
28. What did he (the Prophet) give her (Khadijah) as Mahr (dowry)
29. Was Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her) a widow
Yes. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was her third husband.
30. How was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) known in the society
He was known as Al Ameen (trustworthy) and Al Sadiq (truthful).
31. Did he get any sort of education
No, he didnt get any formal education from the society, rather he was taught by Almighty Allah.
32. What should one say when the Prophet's (p.b.u.h.) name is mentioned
One should say صلى الله عليه وسلم (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
33. How many times is the name of Muhammad mentioned in the Holy Quran
34. What are the names of the Prophet’s (p.b.u.h.) uncles
They are: Harith, Zubair, Abu Talib, Hamzah (May Allah be pleased with him), Abu Lahab, Ghidaq, Maqwam, Safar and Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him).
35. In the New Testament by what name was the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) mentioned
By the name of Paraclete.
36. What is Kabah
It is the oldest house of worship on the earth.
37. Who built it
The Prophet Ibrahim and his son Ismael (May Allah be pleased with them).
38. How did Quraish arrange rebuilding of Kabah
They divided the work among various tribes. Each tribe was responsible for rebuilding a part of it.
39. Who laid the stones
A Byzantine mason called Baqum.
40. Where did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) go into seclusion
To the Cave of Hira.
41. What was the fist stage of the revelation
42. When did the first revelation come down to him
On Monday, 21st of Ramadan, at night (August 10th, 610 AC). He was forty years then.
43. Who brought it
44. Who were the first to embrace Islam
Four persons: Khadijah his wife, Zaid Ibn Haritha his freed slave, Ali Ibn Abi Talib his cousin and Abu Bakr his friend (May Allah be pleased with them).
45. Who accepted Islam at the instance of Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him)
Uthman Ibn Affan, Zubair Ibn Awwam, Abdur Rahman Ibn Awf, Sad Ibn Abi Waqqaas, Talha Ibn Ubaidullah and Saeed Ibn Zaid (Umar’s son-in-law) (May Allah be pleased with them).
46. Who were the ladies to accept Islam at first
Abbas’s wife Ummaul Fadl, Abu Bakr’s wife Asma Bint Umais, his daughter Asma Bint Abi Bakr and Fatimah Bint Al Khattab Umar’s sister (May Allah be pleased with them).
47. How was the Dawah done in the beginning
It was done in secret.
48. How many people embraced Islam in the early stage
49. How many years did the call in secret continue
For three years.
50. During this period, where would the Muslims gather secretly
They would gather secretly in the house of a Muslim called Arqam to learn about Islam and the revelations sent down to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
51. When did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) start to preach Islam openly
After three years when he received the revelation to that effect.
52. What was the impact of his public preaching
The people accepted Islam increasingly.
53. What was the main miracle of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.)
The Holy Quran.
54. Did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) perform other miracles
Yes, the splitting of the moon was one of them.
55. Who was Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib
One of the Prophet’s (p.b.u.h.) uncles.
56. Name some of the disbelievers of Makkah who supported the Prophet (p.b.u.h.), but did not embrace Islam until the end.
Abu Talib, Mutim Ibn Adi and Abul Bukhtari.
57. How long did Abu Talib protect the Prophet (p.b.u.h)
For 42 years – from the Prophet’s childhood until he himself died.
58. Who was Mutim Ibn Adi
A chief of Makkah.
59. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) give protection to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.)
When the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) returned from Taif and wanted to enter Makkah.
60. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) die
He was killed in the Battle of Badr.
61. Who was Abul Bukhtari
He was a poet.? ?
62. How did he (Abul Bukhtari) support the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
He spoke out against the social boycott.
63. What lead the Muslims to emigrate to Abyssinia
Their growing persecution at the hands of Quraish.
64. Which Surah lead to this emigration
Surah Az Zumar.
65. When was Abul Bukhtari killed
In the battle of Badr.
66. Who was then the King of Abyssinia
The King of Abyssinia, known as Najjashi (the Negus), during the time of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was As'hama.
67. When did the first group of Muslims leave for Abyssinia
In Rajab, in the fifth year of Prophethood.
68. How many persons were there in the group
12 men and 4 women.?
69. How were the emigrants received in Abyssinia
They were received warmly and hospitably.? ?
70. When did the second group of emigrants leave for Abyssinia
In the fifth year of Prophethood.
71. How many people formed the group
83 men and 18 women.
72. Name a prominent companion included in this group.
Ja'far Ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him).
73. What did Quraish do
They despatched two envoys to Abyssinia to demand the extradition of the emigrants.
74. How did the King respond
He refused to extradite the Muslims and assured them of his full protection.
75. When did Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) accept Islam
At the age of 27.
76. Who was Bilal Ibn Rabah (May Allah be pleased with him)
He was a slave of Umayyah Ibn Khalaf.?
77. What was his (Bilal Ibn Rabah's) origin
He was of Abyssinian decent.
78. What was the name of Bilal's mother
79. Who was Yaser (May Allah be pleased with him)
He was a slave of Abu Jahl.
80. Who was Sumayyah (May Allah be pleased with her)
She was Yaser's (a slave of Abu Jahl) wife.
81. Who was Ammar (May Allah be pleased with him)
He was Yaser and Sumayyah's only son.
82. How did Summaya (May Allah be pleased) die
Abu Jahl murderded her with a bayonet.
83. Who was Zaid Ibn Haritha (May Allah be pleased with him)
He was a slave.
84. Who purchased him (Zaid Ibn Haritha)
Khadijah's nephew Hakim Ibn Hizam purchased him and presented him to her.
85. What did Khadijah do with Zaid Bin Haritha
She presented him to the Prophet who set him free.
86. Did Zaid Bin Haritha want to go to his parents
No, he preferred to live with the Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
87. To whom was Zaid Bin Haritha married
To Umma Aiman (May Allah be pleased with her).
88. Who was Ja'far
He was the elder brother of Ali Ibn Talib (May Allah be pleased with him).? ?
89. Where did he (Ja'far) emigrate
90. Who was Ali (May Allah be pleased with him)
He was the son of Abu Talib and cousin of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
91. When did Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) accept Islam
When he was 10.
92. What was he (Ali) called for his bravery
The "Lion of Allah".
93. Whom did Ali first marry
He first married the Prophet's (p.b.u.h.) daughter Fatimah (may Allah be pleased with her).
94. How many sons did Ali have from her
Two sons: Hasan and Husain (May Allah be pleased with them).
95. When did Sa'd bn Abi Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) become a Muslim
When he was 19.
96. Where did Sa'd (May Allah be pleased with him) die
He died in Al Madinah.
97. What was Sa'd's advice to Muslims
To stand united.
98. Who was Abu Bakr's father (May Allah be pleased with him) and did he accept Islam
He was Uthman (May Allah be pleased with him) (Abu Quhafah). Yes, he accepted Islam during the Conquest of Makkah.