Ghazwa-e-Hind or Ghazwatul Hind (Arabic: غزوة الهند) is a prophecy of Jihad mentioned in some sayings of the prophet of Islam, Muhammad (ﷺ) foretelling battles in the Indian subcontinent between Muslims and non-Muslims, resulting in the victory of Muslims. 
In the Hadith collections, the prophet is reported to have said:
Narrated by Thawban (رضي الله عنه)
"There are two groups of my Ummah whom Allah will free from the Fire: The group that invades India, and the group that will be with Isa ibn Maryam (عليه السلام)."
—Sunan an-Nasa'i, Book of Jihad, 3175 
Narrated by Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه)
"The Messenger of Allah promised that we would invade India. If I live to see that I will sacrifice myself and my wealth. If I am killed, I will be one of the best of the martyrs, and if I come back, I will be Abu Hurairah Al-Muharrar (freed from the Fire)."
Narrated by Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه)
"In this Ummah, the troops would be headed towards Sindh and Hind."
Narrated by Abu Hurairah and Safwan bin Umroo (رضي الله عنهم)
"A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them (India) until they come with its kings chained – Allah would forgive those warriors – when they return back (from India), they will find Isa ibn Maryam in Syria."
— Naim ibn Hammad in Kitab al-Fitan 
Narrated by Hazrat Ka’ab (رضي الله عنه)
"A king of Jerusalem (Baitul Maqdis) would make warriors move forward towards Hindustan. The warriors will destroy the lands of Hind; would seize its treasures; the king would use those treasures for the decor of Jerusalem. That troops would bring the Indian kings in front of the king of Jerusalem. His warriors by king’s order would conquer all the areas between East and West: and would stay in Hindustan till the appearance of Dajjal."
— Naim ibn Hammad in Kitab al-Fitan 
Some scholars believe that the prophecy has already been fulfilled when Muslims invaded India during the reign of the second Umayyad caliph, Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan (رضي الله عنه) followed by Muhammad bin Qasim Mahmud ibn Sebuktegin (Ghaznavi), Mu'izz ad-Din Muhammad Ghori, Taimur bin Taraghay Barlas, Ahmad Shah Abdali etc. to this day while others believe that the conquest of India has not taken place completely yet, but it will occur when Isa ibn Maryam and Imam Mahdi (عليهم السلام) descend from the Heaven to fight Dajjal as per the reported traditions.    A minority of scholars hold the view that any conflict between the adherents of Islam and Kafirs taking place in India right from the prophethood of Muhammad till the Qiyamah can be included in this Hadith.
Ibn Kathir, a Syrian historian has included the attack of Ghaznavi on the Somnath Temple in 1024 under this prophecy in his book Al-Bidāya wa-n-Nihāya. Shah Nimatullah Wali, a Sufi scholar and poet has made references to this prophecy in some stanzas of his Qasida "Pesh Goi'e" stating that Muslim warriors from the four corners of world would join hands to make an alliance against Hind and it will be conquered up to the river Ganga.
|“||Beautiful girls and lovely sweethearts will be among the spoils of war for the Mujahids||”|
— Shah Nimatullah Wali, Pesh Goi'e, Page 49, Verse 222.
According to some Pakistani scholars such as Irfan-ul-Haq and Zaid Hamid, Pakistan came into existence to fulfill the Ghazwa-e-Hind as a prophecy. It has also been used by militant groups such as Lashkar-e-Taiba headed by Hafiz Muhammad Saeed . Modern Jihadist organizations like Al-Qaeda and Islamic State have used this prophecy to recruit militants in their south Asian affiliates including Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) , Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH)  , Islamic State in Jammu and Kashmir (ISJK) etc. Right wing Hindu organizations too cite these prophecies to justify laws against interfaith marriages ("Love Jihad"), accusing the Muslims living in India of covertly increasing their population . Influential extremist Hindu parties have already initiated several campaigns against Indian Muslims including the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 (CAA)/National Register of Citizens (NRC), Uniform Civil Code (UCC), demolition of mosques, massacre/damaging shops and properties in communal riots, false sedition cases, renaming public places, challenging Muslim laws, day to day harassment/intimidations and even proposal for deportation of practicing Muslims to Pakistan. 
Due to the Kashmir conflict, the Islamist elements in Pakistan have made the narrative of Ghazwa-e-Hind popular in the masses over the years. This effect can make the Muslim majority nation an infinite player (as per the Game Theory) versus India, a political actor with limited goals. However, with the rise of nationalist parties in Indian politics, the resulting infinite timeline on both sides has a potential to trigger the war of civilizations. It has also been suggested that with increasing Talibanization of Afghanistan, transnational Jihadist groups like Jaish-e-Muhammad (ﷺ) will shift their focus primarily on India to fulfill the prophecy. It is widely believed that to help bin Laden flee Tora Bora, JeM carried out attack on Parliament in New Delhi, leading to a war-like situation between India and Pakistan after Indian armed forces were mobilized along the country's western border. 
- "Ghazwa-e-Hind". tarekfatah.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Hadith -The Book of Jihad -Sunan an-Nasa'i, 3175". Sunnah.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Hadith -The Book of Jihad -Sunan an-Nasa'i, 3173". Sunnah.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Hadith -The Book of Jihad -Sunan an-Nasa'i, 3174". Sunnah.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Ghazavatu'l-Hind: A matter of Faith". jihadwatch.org. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "Pakistani Jihadis' War Cry of Ghazwa-e-Hind". newageislam.com. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "Ghazawatul Hind -Scoop News". scoopnews.in. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "Hadith about the conquest of India". islamqa.info. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "What is narrated in the Sunnah about the invasion of India". islamqa.info. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Prophecy & the Jihad in the Indian Subcontinent". hudson.org. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Are the Hadith mentioning the Ghazwatul Hind sahih?". assimalhakeem.net. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "The prophecy of Ghazwatul Hind (Conquest of India by Muslims)". khilafah.daiyah.cf. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "Predictions of Hazrat Naimatullah Shah Wali". kalagnanam.in. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Allah has bestowed Pakistanis the honour to destroy India, kill Hindus: Islamic cleric" zeenews.india.com
- "Pakistani Security Analyst Zaid Hamid: '[After Constantinople Prophet Muhammad's Second Hadith Is Regarding Ghazwa-e-Hind, That The Army Which Would Capture India Would Go To [Conquer] Israel]" memri.org
- "Lashkar-led jihadist conclave calls for war against India" indianexpress.com
- "Al-Qaeda in Indian subcontinent getting more active: US experts". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Ansar Ghazwat ul-Hind / Foundation of New Movement of Jihad in Kashmir (AGH)". trackingterrorism.org. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "ISJK calls Geelani kafir for being MLA". dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- India's 'love jihad' laws: Another attempt to subjugate Muslims
- Violence against Muslims in India
- "How Game Theory explains the new normal between India and Pakistan". fortuneindia.com. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- "Ghazwa-e-Hind: Is only India threatened". dailyexcelsior.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "If US troops exit Kabul, and the Taliban holds sway, Pakistan could unleash 'Ghazwa-e-Hind' against India". orfonline.org. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Al Qaeda gears up for final jihad against India". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Why America's Afghanistan Pullout Is Bad News for Kashmir". ozy.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- JeM's 'Ghazwa-e-Hind' brought India-Pakistan on brink of war twice in 20 yrs